Putting this wall treatment on my list of summer DIYs
Old post alert! This vastly underrated post is centered around these wonderfully delicious Cashew Caramel Clusters (alliteration IS necessary here).
Treat of the Week: Hazelnut Haystacks
Can a single treat make all your treat dreams come true? Maybe.
If ever any had a chance, it’s this one. It marries dark chocolate, hazelnuts, and fried potato sticks. Sounds like a pretty good start, right? There is just the right amount of salty and sweet here to satisfy just about anyone’s needs. The textures are smooth and crunchy at once.
The best part is that this treat is impossibly easy to make. You can be done in less than 15 minutes. Then after cooling for a bit you are ready to enjoy. Now that’s a treat I can get behind.
savour… the total package
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup hazelnut spread (nutella)
- 3 cups fried potato sticks
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, finely chopped
- 20 whole hazelnuts, toasted
- Toast the whole hazelnuts in a skillet until slightly browned and skin cracks apart. Wrap them up in a towel and rub them all around to remove the skins. Set aside.
- Place about an inch of water in a small saucepan. Place a heat proof bowl on top of the saucepan and add chocolate and hazelnut spread. Heat water to simmer over medium low heat.
- Stir chocolate and spread together as it begins to melt.
- When smooth, add potato sticks and gently toss with a rubber spatula to coat completely.
- Scoop out dollops of the mixture with a cookie scoop and place on a parchment lined sheet.
- Press one toasted hazelnut into the top of each mound.
- Sprinkle the tops with the chopped hazelnuts.
- Allow to cool and harden completely before serving.